Have you ever seen more beautiful little muffins than these? These have been my saving grace going gluten-free. They’re perfect for breakfast, before a workout or just when I’m craving something ‘bready’. I love them because they are both savory and sweet and very moist compared to some other gluten free muffin recipes I’ve tried. I based this recipe off of Fitness Loving Mom’s Cacao Almond Meal Banana Muffins. Thank you Bella for sharing this recipe! I’ve used it nearly every week for the past few months.
¼ cup organic cane sugar
2.5 cups almond meal
1 tsp gf baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
6 bananas (About 5 ½ for batter, ½ for topping)
muffin liners or baking spray
1. Preheat oven to 300F
2. Mix almond meal with baking powder and set aside
3. Mix eggs, sugar, mashed-bananas and cinnamon for about 5 minutes in electric mixer.
4. Pour mixture into almond meal and stir until mixed
5. Top muffins with banana slices and pour into lined muffin tin
6. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until top is browned.
**Makes about 18 muffins
Because these are made with such natural ingredients, these muffins will spoil quickly (within 3 or 4 days if left on the counter), so I would clear out that fridge for these healthy treats : )